Wednesday 21 June 2017

Hiccups, stitch and just 3 more weeks to go...

It has been a while since my last post, not much has happened within the last few weeks only within the last week has the little nugget decided to cause more trouble. I have actually managed to start to enjoy being pregnant... until Wednesday last week. Seeing and feeling his kicks, punches and his little re-enactments of Alien has left me laughing and unbelievably proud of how strong and active he is.

So Wednesday!... we ended up in triage. This time I had been experiencing pain in and around my cervix including some sharp shooting pains. They also noticed that my bump hadn't actually grown much within the last two or three weeks, which is unusual for bump considering he has always been a bit ahead of where he is meant to be. My bump is currently measuring 29 weeks when we are about to turn 34 weeks tomorrow. So cue spending the day in hospital with several sessions on a monitor and an emergency scan.

They concluded that I wasn't going into labour, my cervix is still 'nice and long' with the stitch still visible. Bump's growth might have slowed down but the doctors don't seem too worried, they think he might be growing in length and not quite putting on weight just yet. He's still very active so I think he's putting more energy into being cheeky than putting on weight. The video below just shows what he gets up to- already trying to play with the dog. Poor Morgana was left very confused after being kicked by my tummy! You might be able to make out what looks like a build up before he really goes for it!


Still there was the pain, triage were told not to touch the stitch and I would be seen back at the premature clinic the following Monday. The pain actually had gotten so bad on Friday I couldn't walk but I was really reluctant to go in to triage again (even though I was being told off by my partner and friends). All I could think about was my baby and knowing he is still better in than out for the next couple of weeks. Surprisingly my premature appointment showed my stitch is still holding and my cervix length is still looking good!

Top scan from 25 weeks... bottom scan from 33 weeks
But little nuggets head is pressing on my cervix and the stitch. It seems like bump has dropped quite far down and people have been commenting on it! My premature consultant is pretty determined for me to at least get through the next two weeks. Saying that nugget had hiccups for a good 20mins this morning that left me wanting to remove the stitch myself! This pain is completely different to the pain when the stitch was put in. There's a lot of pressure and everything down there feels very sore and bruised, forget trying to roll over or sit/stand without extremely sharp vaginal pains.

So it's 22 days until the stitch is due to be removed... I'll be happy to get through the next 15 days. Seeing how happy my partner and both our families are gives me the strength to try and push through. I think after all of this I definitely should be given free rein on what to name him!

No comments:

Post a Comment